For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Redrock Commercial Finance Ltd. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors.
(1) What information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Site at www.redrockcommercial.co.uk (“Site”), by filling in any other forms provided to you by us or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Site, request an information pack, comply with our requests for additional information and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
(2) Using your personal information
We use personal information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us.
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us relating to the Site and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about services we offer that are similar to those relating to the services offered on the Site;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we present to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
(3) Disclosures of your personal information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site;
- Smartsearch for the purpose of carrying identity and fraud checks on users. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
(4) Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
(5) Policy amendments
(6) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time email@example.com
(7) Third party websites
The Site contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(8) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The following cookies are used on our website:
Essential cookies: These are cookies that are required for our website to function correctly and enable you to carry out such actions as login to your account on the website. These cookies do not ever gather information about you that could be used for marketing purposes or to track your movements on the internet.
Analytical and Performance cookies: These allow us to collate information about how you use our website and your experience with it. Please note all data collected is anonymous and is used purely to improve our users experience on the website and help us measure how effective our marketing and advertising is.
Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you each time you use our website, so you do not keep having to input, say, your email address.
The cookies we use are:
1) ‘Cake Cookie Auth’: used for remembering email addresses.
2) ‘Tawk To’: a third party plugin for our Live Chat utility.
We also have GA cookies.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third- party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of the Site.
(10) Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.